Here are a couple of construction pictures.
I also worked on and completed another project. A smart skirt and a matching peplum top.
It was a pretty straight forward style so I decided to add some pizzazz by piping the sleeves and attaching a couple of covered buttons.
The skirt was as straight to the point as they come.
Before attaching the band
Slit and Lining detail
I added metallic zippers to both pieces in keeping with the current trend.
And for a little fun detail for the top, I did a play of fabrics - alternating the self fabric with the matching lining. This gave me an idea for a top for myself which I'll hopefully find some time in the middle of my workload to make.
Anyways, I finished this up on Wednesday morning and commenced work on a slightly similar project of a skirt and a peplum top. But this is for a much younger lady so I get to play around a bit more.
Creating and cutting out patterns
Selecting notions. I plan on a little belt to cinch in the waist and turn-up sleeves with buttons.
I can't wait to finish this batch of clothes and get back to the wedding project.