Sunday, November 17, 2013

Asos Inspired Dress

I first saw this dress on Girl With Curves and I knew right away that I was going to do a knock-off.

What I love about the dress is the fact that is suites just about every body shape there is. I am yet to see a picture where it's ill fitting.

It's the Asos Wiggle Dress with Border Print.




Source: Asos

And here is my version



My contrast isn't as distinct as the original dress...but then, that's exactly the look I was going for.


And unlike the original dress which was done with a border print fabric, I had to create the border with the reverse side of the fabric.


I made some small changes as well. Didn't really like the "Buba-like" sleeves in the original so I opted for a 3-quarter sleeve...but that didn't work out as well so I ended up chopping it to the present length. And because I had to wait a bit for DH before heading out to the event, I started playing around and came up with the belt, fancy cuffs and buttons just to add some character to the dress.

Sleeve Cuff

Belt

Here are some shots of the back.



And of course, my favorite zipper; the Metallic Zipper :D. My back neckline is also a lot deeper than the inspiration dress - I love scooped necklines.


I am very pleased with my new dress. I don't get to sew for myself very often these days and I was beginning to forget the joys of having a dress fit the exact way I want it to; so this serves as a beautiful reminder.

Happy with my new dress
All in all, last week was a very productive one, I made five dresses (including mine) while still meeting my office commitments.

This week, I have as my target four out of the six Bridesmaids dresses, so I've got my work cut out for me. I am pretty excited and look forward to when I can look at the BM's wearing the finished dresses.

Until Later, God bless you.

Preye

No comments:

Post a Comment