Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sewing Updates

Hi Everyone,

Its been a bit...and I am glad to say I have been able to catch up on my much needed rest...though I was somewhat forced into it (I was ill).

Despite my "rest" period, I have been able to get in a bit of work (sewing) and play (cooking).

Oh yeah, the wedding has come and gone, and the bride looked lovely. I was/am so proud of myself. I am waiting for the pictures from the bride to do a full post as I was unable to attend. But here are some table-top pictures of the dresses I made for the wedding party (A dressform is on my wishlist if you're wondering what to get me for Christmas :P).

First, the Maid of Honor's dress...AKA Chief Bridesmaid


Its a long flowing gown with a band detail.

This was one of the fastest dresses I have made. I used a metallic fabric for the underlining and lined with a single face raw silk in a matching color.

For the skirt part, I skipped the lining and used just the underlay to reduce bulk so I had to finish the joining at the waist with a bias tape cut out from the Raw Silk
Construction Picture
 For the band I used the raw silk and interfaced with a stiff interfacing for structure. I also used my usual metallic zip.
And my usual metallic Zipper
I love this color and will def be making something for myself with this fabric


Next up, the bridesmaid dresses.


The dress isn't sized to the model in the picture so it doesn't show the true fit.

Peplum detail with a button. 

I made four of these dresses and it was a learning process for me. The lace was a stretchy lace and just when I'd think I'd got everything figured out the fabric would head out to a different direction.

In the end, the all turned out well and I conquered my fear of stretch lace!

For the zipper I skipped my usual metallic zip and opted for plastic zippers as this lace was quite soft and I didn't want it to catch in the zipper.



All in all the dresses were successful and lovely on the ladies and I have one more feather to add to my hat :D

Until next time, God bless you and complements of the season.

P.S I typed up this post a couple of weeks back and forgot to post it...Merry Christmas.

Love, Preye.

No comments:

Post a Comment