Thursday, December 5, 2013

Meatloaf Sandwich: Late Night Mystery Meal Turned Breakfast

Remember in my last post I mentioned having to stay awake till midnight because I was cooking a mystery meal? Well the mystery has been unearthed and you can stop wondering :D.

I made a meat loaf! I am not quite sure where I got the recipe but it was on food network so I'm thinking Barefoot Contessa or Tyler's Ultimate.

I made some modifications to the recipe and after waiting for an hour for the oven to do its magic, my delicious meatloaf was created.

Here's an abridged recipe if you'd care to recreate it.

Ingredients:

About 1.5kg of Minced Meat/Ground  Beef
Five slices of bread cubed (I cut off the crusts)
2 Eggs
Half Cup chopped Parsley
2 large cloves of garlic, Minced
1 Tablespoon Unsalted butter
One Large Onion Chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
Curry powder

I started by sweating the chopped onions in the butter, and seasoned it with Cameroon Pepper, a pinch of salt and about half a teaspoon of curry powder.

Next I took a mixing bowl, and added all the ingredients (including the onions), washed my hands and proceeded to mix everything together by hand. I added some red pepper flakes as well.

Next I greased a loaf pan (I generally use a zero cholesterol Oil spray as I hate getting my hands oily) and then pressed in the mixture and flattened the top neatly.

Popped it into a preheated oven at 350 degrees for one hour and the meat loaf was ready.

This is the part where you expect to see pictures right? Well unfortunately, by the time I was done, I was too tired to think about taking pictures. But fear not, the meat loaf made an appearance in breakfast the next morning (Which was kinda the original plan anyways).

So here you go! My delicious meatloaf sandwich. :D 



 For the meatloaf sandwich, I took some bread, cut off the crusts and then spread homemade mix on two slices of bread (Mixture of 2tbsp Mayonnaise, 1tbsp ketchup, salt and lemon pepper). Next I sliced some tomatoes and washed and dried some flat-leaf parsley. Ad started layering the ingredients in this order: 3-4 Parsley leafs, a slice of the meatloaf, 2-3 slices of tomatoes and then topped with the other slice of bread.

Next I wrapped each sandwich with kitchen foil (Shiny side facing in) and placed them in a non stick pan on low heat. And since I didn't have a heavy pot on hand, I half filled a pot with water and placed this on the sandwich to serve as my sandwich press) after about a minute or two I flipped the sandwiches and heated the other sides. Took them off the heat, unwrapped them and Voila, my delicious sandwiches were ready.





And did I mention they were delicious. I had mine with Twinnings Raspberry Tea. Yummy yum yum. You should definitely give this a try.


Until next time, God Bless you.

Love,

Preye

2 comments: